Help Change a Single Black Mother’s Life
Yesterday, we reblogged this post of Black mothers having to work harder because if their children is not upkept, they can have their mothering questioned. And we are modeling this blog into a general platform to talk about the daily struggles of American PoC.
However, we find it more effective if we show you a live case. So, with that in mind…
Meet Ani Lacy. She’s what people would call an “unorthodox mother”. She’s a single stay at home mom to “one amazing little boy on the autism spectrum.” With her son having autism, she decided that it would be best to not have her son attend public school, opting to school him herself. Recently, Ani decided that because of problems with keeping an apartment, she would instead get an RV and school her child via road trips. Sounds like an adventurous thing to do. However, her life have been complicated a bit.
A few weeks ago, she’s been getting troubled by local authorities. It’s best if she explained it to you directly:
The next video below is of her recording the conversation between her and Child Protective services.
Can you imagine being harassed by child protection services? Can you also imagine not being able to do anything about it because the person that reported you is protected under the law? And whatever Child Protection catches Ani in a spot that could potentially have her child taken away?
We would like to help out this woman get out of her current situation. Here’s how you can help.
Donate whatever you can afford to her gofund page. Her endgame goal is $2.9K.
Also, reblog this post and if you like, add your two cents to this story. Her blog is http://thesimpleboxcar.blogspot.com/ If you can’t donate via her gofund page, please use her paypal link on her blog.
Let’s make her life a little easier.
P.S. - She have a shop on Esty and have made money via sales there. However, it’s down at the moment, maybe to focus on relocation.
We posted this a while back. However, it seems that her asking for help went against her. A day before we originally reported this, the police had arrested her and took her child away from her. He’s currently in emergency foster care.
The irony of this whole situation is that the people that within the immediate area held no concerns while her ex and his parents planned this. The other irony is that the Ex reported this, but decided not to take the child in.
By now everyone who follows my blog probably know what happened with my son Tuesday night. If not, here is what I’ve shared:
Just got home from jail. The cops kicked in my door at midnight. Fractured my wrist and took my son.
I’m not okay. My son was so traumatized & he is in emergency foster care until Tuesday. Barely keeping it together right now.
They interviewed everyone who knows us. The only people who had complaints are his two grandmothers in MI both of whom called CPS.
I’m still shocked it actually happened and can’t believe his grandmother’s would go that far because I won’t send him to live there.
Cops also fractured my wrist & arrested me for obstruction because I wouldn’t let him go. He screamed the whole time.
I just want my son to be okay. My ex submitted a link of my GoFundMe page as evidence we were a “flight risk” then said he can’t take him.
He is in foster care. My God. I just can’t stop think about what that must be like for him.
The ONLY people who expressed any concerns were his granmothers and dad who live in MI & OR respectively!
No one in Charlotte whom she interviewed had ANY concerns!
I can’t sleep. I can’t do anything but sit here & cry & wait & pray my son forgets this awful experience ever happened!
They sent me to jail for “resisting an officer” who wouldn’t resist having their child RIPPED FROM HIS BED AT MIDNIGHT!
And my ex (after telling me yesterday he didn’t say anything negative) actually sent them a link to my GoFundMe page & said I was unstable!
I can’t even walk into the bedroom. I can’t believe they TOOK MY SON!
Despite all of the witnesses and the police’s own testament he was safe they took him based on TELEPHONE COMPLAINTS from 800 miles away!!!
I need to find a lawyer & someone to do a MH exam to prove I’m NOT crazy or a threat to anyone.
I’m going to go call some lawyers and see if I can do anything sooner than Tuesday.
I called the attorney sent me and I need $375 for a consultation and $1,500 to $2,500 for a retainer. Which feels impossible.
I really just want to hug my baby right now. :’(
I have shared our lives online for so long that it did not occur to me that this should not be shared as well. And though I am grateful for the outpouring of support I have decided to stop tweeting and blogging publicly until my son is home safely.
Any of you are welcome to contact me privately & I welcome your continued support.
I appreciate everything everyone has done to help and ask that you continue to keep my son in your prayers.
She deleted her blog and twitter account and is no longer accepting donations via GoFund.
This is truly a sad ending to what may have been a positive experience. We will keep up on this story. Hopefully, this will not be the last we’ll hear from Ani.
204 Notes/ Hide
- biorockopera likes this
- veinas likes this
- christopher-isherwood reblogged this from thelaughingwillow
- djjazzyleft reblogged this from nowherezone11
- coppergilt reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- afutureancient likes this
- chicken-snack reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- nowherezone11 reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- astoldbywesley likes this
- lordaardvark reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- misandristscum reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- stevelandmawillimorris likes this
- angelsscream reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- autohistoriamestiza reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- sqweak likes this
- blacknetizen reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- litmusbread reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- crunkfeministcollective reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- alloys likes this
- ameliagum likes this
- imabrickshithouse reblogged this from awkwardpandalalala
- imabrickshithouse likes this
- semanthics reblogged this from theslavbarbarian
- wrcsolace reblogged this from newwavefeminism
- curvaceousfairyprincess reblogged this from vampirefruitfly
- curvaceousfairyprincess likes this
- prettymilitant reblogged this from newwavefeminism
- rareandradiantmaiden likes this
- minininny likes this
- hinanawii reblogged this from whatwhiteswillneverknow
- hinanawii likes this
- realhousewivesofbeaconhills reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- uhouse likes this
- doritobag-condom reblogged this from gavinouttajailfree
- jinxasaurus likes this
- vampirefruitfly reblogged this from gingersolidarity
- poptartdemon reblogged this from melanist
- youngsupernova reblogged this from melanist
- youcouldntignoremeifyoutried reblogged this from awkwardpandalalala and added:
- youcouldntignoremeifyoutried likes this
- awkwardpandalalala reblogged this from gurlwitdafro and added:
- gavinouttajailfree reblogged this from mykingdomforabeard
- itsderry likes this
- beautifybluffington reblogged this from thelaughingwillow and added:
- neoliberalismkills reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- lemongrabmypenis reblogged this from newwavefeminism
- savemyteethforthewolf reblogged this from newwavefeminism
- christopher-isherwood likes this
- thelaughingwillow reblogged this from newwavefeminism