Questions that Whites Always Seem to Ask
Here’s the deal. Some of you authentically want to ask us questions. Some of these questions are very common, to the point that if you ask us again, I might get “creative”.
So instead, I’ll point to some of my blog posts with answers that will please MOST of you (we said it because it seems that some people don’t want to take it as the final word, which is fine in some cases. But this is as friendly as we’ll get.).
Please note: This is my point of view and does not present every Black person’s feelings. But you’ll be surprise how many Black folks agree with me.
- Are you “The Black Tumblr”? Is there a such thing as the “Black Solidary”?
- Okay. What are some things a White person will never know? (Or Why name your blog “What Whites Will Never Know”?)
- Why is affirmative action needed? (Video)
- Any pointers on how to be a “Black Ally”?
- Why do you think that Black people can’t be racist?
Answer 1 (A short answer)
Answer 2 (Video)
- Are you against Interracial Dating? (Short blog)
- What are “White tears?” Why you’re making fun of White people?
- How can I use my white (or “passing white”) privilege? (Video)
- Do you support the “New Black Panthers”? (Short Answer: No. However, this is a complex answer.)
The N-Word Section
Not surprisingly, this is the most Frequently Asked Question in racial relations in America, prehaps the world!
As I am tired of answering this question, especially with Jay-Z/Kayne West’s “We dare you to say it because the word that is in one of our pop song titles”. If you ask beyond this point, I don’t know what to else to tell you.
Hip-Hop thinker Jay Smooth is referenced in a few of these asks. We feel that he can convey our thoughts better than us.
- Can I say the N-Word? Ever? Even if it’s in a song? (Video)
- The N-Word is only in a song! I can’t sing along? Ever??? (In this answer, we used a song we loved, but can’t ever sing. EVER!)
- But we gone through so much! Can you guys RELAX so I can use the N-Word? (Video)